Book Shelf

Current reading list

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Trust me to do such things.
I listed two titles I had got my hands on.
Never finished either.
Instead I finished Mushtaq Ahmed Yousufi's Zurguzisht, for a second time.
I last read it in 1993 with his other two works, Chiragh Taley and Khakum Bedehn. Yousufi at that time and age was not exactly the kind of literature I had the nous to appreciate. My interest was piqued only because Pa was rediscovering Y and would not let me get anywhere near the books! And what reason he cited...that I was smack in the midst of my board finals. He hid the books, can you imagine? Not to be outdone, I found his hiding places, swiped a book when he wasn't home, read a chapter or two and back it went. Real appreciation of satire and humor, as Y merited, was not possible in such circumstances. I could only get the obvious digs.
So a real reading was long overdue and I can galdly report of a task accomplished.
And picked up Aamer Hussein's Cactus Town and Other Stories from OUP the other day (Sunday to be exact). Been reading through it.
Also to be reported is Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. I know I am usually late in picking up and finally reading a book. Got this from W with high recommendations. Never got to read it and somehow it latched along when I made the move back home. With it insisting so much taht I read it, why should I not oblige.
Of the previously reported, Hayek I am trying to plough through, ploughing being such a task.
Another reason I can't really make a headway is that I keep it at work, hoping to snatch some time and finish it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home